Shipping and assembly instructions
To simplify the installation process, Gemanco Design provide you with an arrangement chart showing the mosaic layout. Like a traditional one, the resin mosaic can be delivered with mesh that need to be grouted. Alternatively, it can be shipped on an adhesive support easy to apply to any other surfaces, with no need to use glues and/or grout.
WHAT GLUE TO USE
For interiors you can use MAPEI Adesilex VS 45, and for outdoor and/or humid environments you can use MAPEI KERALASTIC T.
Please watch the video below and follow the instructions described in this page.
- In case the mosaic has to be applied to existing tiles, make sure that the surface is free of dust, paints, waxes and oils prior to installation.
- Fill the joints of the old tiles with the same glue used for the mosaic application and level it perfectly.
- If you have to apply the mosaic directly either to plastered or drywalls, make sure that the surface is absolutely flat and smooth.
- Spread glue evenly with a notched trowel. The layer of the adhesive must be very thin.
- Soon after the application, press immediately the tiles with a soft roll so as to help them stick easily.
- Remove the transparent protective film from the mosaic tiles.
- While the adhesive is still fresh, clean off glue residues with a soft wet sponge since removing them once dried up is a complicated job!
WHAT MATERIALS TO USE FOR LEAKS
- Use MAPEI Keracolor FF mixed with MAPEI FUGOLASTIC.
- Before applying the grouting material, wait until the glue is completely dried up.
- Remove residual powder from the joints.
- Make sure that the room temperature does not exceed 35°C.
- Make a smooth paste of the grouting material into a clean bowl. If you use a mixer, switch it on at low speed in order to avoid the formation of air bubbles.
- Use the mixture while is still fresh as amounts of the dried paste could scratch the glossy surface of the resin mosaic.
- Fill the joints completely and thoroughly with a rubber spatula to avoid irregularities.
- Remove the excess grout before it dries up. Clean again with a soft sponge after approx. 15-20 minutes, once the mixture becomes opaque.
- Wipe the surface with a soft clean cloth to remove any powdery residue completely.
- Never use epoxy materials for grouting Gemanco Design mosaics. If not used properly, these materials can make the resin opaque and, once damaged, getting back the glossy look of the mosaic is impossible.
Glue application on old tilles