An innovative project revolutionizing
the ancient art of mosaic
Resin mosaic is the innovative outcome of fusing digital printing and top-quality transparent resin. It is the ideal solution for reproducing images of any colour and size. Gemanco Design mosaic is indistinguishable from ceramic and glass mosaics but it is lighter and thinner, as well as flexible and completely customisable.
Resin is the most appropriate material for quick renovations. The resin mosaic can be easily placed on the existing tiles with no need of removing the old coating as it is only 2 mm thick.
The resin mosaic is also a useful tool for architects and designers carrying out renovation projects of interior an external spaces including swimming pools.
Features of the resin mosaic
- made in Italy
- 100% customisable: any digital image can be converted into a mosaic – you can choose the image, the shape of the tesserae and the space between the tiles
- very thin – just 2/3 mm thick
- very light – just 1.2 kg per square meter
- UV resistant – it can be also used outside keeping the colors bright and intense since they are protected by the resin
- waterproof – full reliability of the materials under any weather conditions
- non toxic – ideal for any food spaces
- flexible enough to be applied to curved, concave, convex and irregular surfaces
- backlit – it can be translucent
- easy to install – the application technique is identical to ceramic and glass mosaics (alternatively, it can be simply installed to the surface to be coated as the product can be also self-adhesive)
- easy to apply to any surfaces (i.e., walls, ceilings, pieces of furniture, doors, pieces of kitchen furniture, mirrors, tiles, wooden panels, MDF boards and many other supports)
Tips for the application
of the resin mosaic
Gemanco Design resin mosaic is extremely versatile. It can be used to:
- decorate indoor and outdoor walls of private and public spaces
- coat bathrooms, hammams, spas and swimming pools
- decorate table tops, chairs and other furniture items
- decorate ceilings
- create headboard designs
- decorate mirrors and windows
- embellish frames
- tile kitchen splash backs
- create special lighting effects
Gemanco Design resin mosaic can also be printed on either matte or mirrored golden and silver surfaces, as well as on transparent and fluorescent supports. Resin is glossy by nature, but the product can also be provided with a matte finish.
Gemanco Design can convert works of art into amazing decorative walls. Their graphic designers can work on both vector files and digitalized paintings, reproducing images faithfully and obtaining top-quality artworks.